07 March 2019

7.3.2019

We are still in Toowoomba house-sitting for our friends.
The weather is still unusually hot - as it is most places.  We did not get any of the weather associated with Tropical cyclone Oma, which was a shame as we were looking forward to getting some rain to put some water in the local dams.  The town water supply for Toowoomba is getting very low - so an input would be welcomed.
I have made a couple of blouses with fabric that I purchased in Alice Springs by artists from the Central Desert. The girls at school like them and because they are cotton, they are quite cool to wear.
I have been applying to do the Graduate Certificate in Wiradjuri Language, Heritage and Culture at Charles Sturt University but am having difficulty.  I have been advised by the uni to do a Certificate 3 in Wiradjuri before applying again, but can only find a Cert 1 through TAFE based at Dubbo (which of course has already started for 2019 and no dates for 2020 yet😕).  I will keep trying but it is frustrating that they want you to do the language before you do the course at Uni!
I also now have weaving in 3 galleries.  They are Denmark WA;  Alice Springs; and Ayres Rock (Uluru) Resort.
I hope that all are well
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment